Get a preview of the exciting items we will have in the silent and live auctions during the Year of the Pig Lunar New Year Dinner & Auction!
All items for this auction have been donated by persons or companies listed with each item. These donors have been most generous in their support of Asia Institute-Crane House. We thank them for their support.
Live Auction Items (Coming Soon)
Silent Auction Items (Coming Soon)
GENERAL AUCTION RULES
1. Each bidder assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising there from Crane House, its elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
2. Payment in full is mandatory this evening. You may pay in cash, check, VISA, or MasterCard. Make checks payable to "Crane House." Check out will be at the end of the evening.
3. All auction items are subject to Kentucky sales tax of 6% which will be listed on the silent auction bid sheets and will be added to the live auction items at checkout.
4. We request that all items be removed the night of the auction, unless otherwise indicated.
5. Please pay attention to all conditions, restrictions, and expiration dates on items and services. Unless otherwise noted, gift certificates do not include tax, gratuity, or alcoholic beverages.
6. Dates for all trips, vacation accommodations and similar events must be mutually arranged with the donor, unless otherwise noted. All reservations should be made at least one month in advance. No refunds are permitted for cancelled, lost, or unused tickets and/or accommodations. Bidder is responsible for adhering to expiration dates and scheduling restrictions.
7. Crane House has attempted to describe and catalog all items correctly, but all items are sold "as is." Crane House neither warrants nor represents, and shall in no event be responsible for the correctness of the descriptions, authenticity, authorship, provenance, or condition of the property. No statement contained on our website, in social media, in the catalog, or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability. Items have not been appraised, unless so noted.
8. All sales are final. No exchange or refund on any auction item.
9. Asia Institute-Crane House reserves the right to withdraw any item prior to bidding.
10. Advance, sealed bids for both silent and live auction items must be received in writing by Crane House at 1244 S. Third Street, Louisville KY 40203 by close of business Tuesday January 30, 2019. “In writing” may be communicated by regular mail, fax, or e-mail. The bidder’s name, address, phone number and credit card authorization must accompany the bid.
LIVE AUCTION RULES
1. To bid on an item, raise your bid number card to be recognized by the auctioneer. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser.
2. Auctioneer reserves the right to settle any and all disputes, complaints, misunderstandings, errors, and sales at his discretion. The auctioneer's decision will be final.
3. Live Auction items can be claimed at the Checkout Table upon payment (bid amount plus KY sales tax.)
SILENT AUCTION RULES
1. Print your bid number next to the bid amount on the bid sheet for your desired item.
2. You may skip ahead to the bid amount you want to pay. The next bidder must bid higher than you to be successful.
3. Each item has a "Guaranteed Purchase" option at the bottom of its bid sheet. "Guaranteed Purchase" means that if you are willing to pay the listed premium price, the item is yours! Simply write your bid number by the predetermined price to close the item from further bidding.
4. Silent auction will close at 7:00 P.M. The closing bid, certified by an Auction Official, will constitute the winning bid.
5. Silent Auction items may be claimed at the Checkout Table upon payment of the total bid(s) at the end of the evening.