Get a preview of the exciting items we will have in the silent and live auctions during the Year of the Pig Lunar New Year Dinner & Auction!
Live Auction Items
Spend your next Spring Break (March 30 - April 6, 2019) in Orlando, Florida! To give you time to make travel arrangements, this first live auction item is available now for only $800 (plus KY sales tax)! The luxurious condo we are offering sleeps four (bedroom plus sleeper sofa). This deluxe resort offers many amenities: multiple heated pools, hot tubs, fitness center, business center, hiking trails, grills and picnic area, kitchen, washer and dryer, wi-fi, TV and DVD player, and free parking. Plus, it's conveniently located to all the area theme parks and water parks!
You can read about the resort and its amenities here. This is a first-come, first-serve auction item. (To speed your purchase time, you can set up your log in before the auction link goes live.)
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE. There is only one available and will go to the first buyer who completes the transaction.
Other live auction items are:
Private Wine Class for 20, donated by Total Wine & More.
Total Wine & More will host an event that is certain to impress you and your guests. Taste a variety of their premium, hand-selected wines and discover hidden treasures from the wine region of your choosing. Your guests will enjoy a tour of the land and learn about the famed appellations and grape varietals that make each region so unforgettable. Choose the theme of your class: California Dreaming, An Inspiring Taste of Italy, or Tour de France. Your two hour tasting, which can be arranged as a seated class-style or more casual walk-around event. Total Wine & More will provide all necessary stemware and educational handouts for tasting notes. Value - $500
3 nights in a Hilton Hotel, donated by Hilton Hotels. Stay any where in the world with Hilton Hotels through January 2020. May be used for 3 rooms in one night or a 3 night stay.
Dinner for Six with Wine Pairings at Milkwood, donated by Chef Edward Lee
With a focus on small plates, guests will enjoy a 3-course dinner with wine at Milkwood, Chef Lee’s second Louisville restaurant. Milkwood is part Southern Inspiration+Asian Flavors+Bourbon Cocktails.
Good anytime except Derby weekend. No expiration on this offer; Tax is included. Reservation requested; gratuity is additional. Approximately $350 value
Profile Series Wine Cooler, donated GE, a Haier Company
Enjoy this free-standing, sleek stainless steel, 31 bottle wine cooler. May be used to cool other beverages also. Interior racks are adjustable. A $450-$550 value
Buckhead Mountain Grill: Thunder Over Louisville Package, donated by Russ and Sheila Mead
A table for four during Thunder Over Louisville on April 13, 2019 at the Jeffersonville Waterfront location from 2p – 10:30p Includes: appetizers, meal and the best view of the fireworks and air show that evening. A $750 value
Virginia Speed and Hongyuan Zhu mixed media collaboration, an original work of art.
Silent Auction Items
Click here for a list of silent auction items. (Check back regularly, new items are being added as they come in.)
Thank you to our generous donors! Your support helps make our Lunar New Year Dinner & Auction possible.
Alexandra and Keith Crume
Frazier Kentucky History Museum
Great Flood Brewing Co.
Heine Bros' Coffee
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
J.J. Wig Shop
Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
Kentucky Derby Museum
Meridian Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
Perfect North Slopes
Beverly Lang Pierce
Total Wine & More
Fu Mei Tsai
General Auction Rules
1. Each bidder assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising there from Crane House, its elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
2. Payment in full is mandatory this evening. You may pay in cash, check, or major credit card. Make checks payable to "Crane House." Check out will be at the end of the evening.
3. All auction items are subject to Kentucky sales tax of 6% which will be listed on the silent auction bid sheets and will be added to the live auction items at checkout.
4. We request that all items be removed the night of the auction, unless otherwise indicated.
5. Please pay attention to all conditions, restrictions, and expiration dates on items and services. Unless otherwise noted, gift certificates do not include tax, gratuity, or alcoholic beverages.
6. Dates for all trips, vacation accommodations and similar events must be mutually arranged with the donor, unless otherwise noted. All reservations should be made at least one month in advance. No refunds are permitted for cancelled, lost, or unused tickets and/or accommodations. Bidder is responsible for adhering to expiration dates and scheduling restrictions.
7. Crane House has attempted to describe and catalog all items correctly, but all items are sold "as is." Crane House neither warrants nor represents, and shall in no event be responsible for the correctness of the descriptions, authenticity, authorship, provenance, or condition of the property. No statement contained on our website, in social media, in the catalog, or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability. Items have not been appraised, unless so noted.
8. All sales are final. No exchange or refund on any auction item.
9. Asia Institute-Crane House reserves the right to withdraw any item prior to bidding.
Live Auction Rules
1. To bid on an item, raise your bid number card to be recognized by the auctioneer. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser.
2. Auctioneer reserves the right to settle any and all disputes, complaints, misunderstandings, errors, and sales at his discretion. The auctioneer's decision will be final.
3. Live Auction items can be claimed at the Checkout Table upon payment (bid amount plus KY sales tax.)
Silent Auction Rules
1. Print your bid number next to the bid amount on the bid sheet for your desired item.
2. You may skip ahead to the bid amount you want to pay. The next bidder must bid higher than you to be successful.
3. Each item has a "Guaranteed Purchase" option at the bottom of its bid sheet. "Guaranteed Purchase" means that if you are willing to pay the listed premium price, the item is yours! Simply write your bid number by the predetermined price to close the item from further bidding.
4. Silent auction will close at 7:00 P.M. The closing bid, certified by an Auction Official, will constitute the winning bid.
5. Silent Auction items may be claimed at the Checkout Table upon payment of the total bid(s) at the end of the evening.